Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Takes less than 5 minutes

Stealing this from Sarah and passing it on:

If you, like me, were told you couldn't get fertility treatment because you weren't heterosexual, please take this survey and let Lambda Legal know. Towards the end of the survey they ask this specific question. 

I really want this issue to be picked up by a national advocacy organization and Lambda Legal does amazing work.

http://www.lambdalegal.org/take-action/partners-for-health-care-fairness/lgbt-and-hiv-health-care-fairness-survey.html

3 comments:

tbean said...

Yay! You're back! I did the survey--I so hope this issue gets fought soon. It makes me NUTS to think of what blatant discrimination those asshole insurance agencies can get away with. IVF covered for "husband sperm" only...what a fucking crock.

Jen said...

I did the survey too! We couldn't go to the RE we wanted b/c we are in a same-sex or "single" relationship!! Ahhhhhhh....we went to Toronto (2 years ago) to get married after being together for 7 years, but I am glad to know I am still single. It never ends.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you had gone to... I did the survey and passed it on. I was shocked at how poorly we were treated at a lesbian owned OB clinic by the nurses/support staff and even our lesbian doc. She refused to talk to my wife... We just found out she and her partner live 4 blocks from us. It's a good thing I'm not drinking cause I'd probably end up egging their house at 2 in the morning.