Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thx!

Thanks for your reassurances. The nurse also called back, and said it was no big deal, to expect spotting. Especially around the time my period would normally have been due. So I'm trying to calm down. And ignore the fact that the cramps continue and the "spotting" is really much more like a mini-period at the moment. And keep taking the BCPs. And hope that this IVF attempt isn't grounded before it takes off. In my dark moments, I worry that my luteal phase is just so short (like 9 or 10 days without progesterone, 13 or 14 but never more with progesterone) ... and now even the BCPs can't hold back my period when it is due .... how would I ever sustain a pregnancy? This, plus worrying about my sister, is pushing me over the edge. Deep breaths.

11 comments:

N said...

Just keep breathing. It's all we can do. ♥

Dresden said...

thinking of you!!!! I had a short luteal phase as well- but you will be monitored & medicated. It took progesterone 3 ways on the cycle that worked for me.

mulberry said...

hang in there sweetie... you can do it!

Heidi said...

Um...IVF?? Hypothetically wow!!!

hugs!!! and all my appendages are crossed!

Anonymous said...

slow deep breaths, indeed. its the only thing you can control...

have you tried the anji ivf meditation cds? they are nice. (and id be happy to email you the tracks, if you want)

Anonymous said...

I'm sending lots of hugs and love.

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

I'm sending lots of good thoughts your way and your sister's way.

Anonymous said...

You can totally do this. It's hard, but I am learning to toss the things that I "know" about my body out and just trust that the drugs will do what they are supposed to do...

K said...

I know I'm coming late to the party but I wanted to wish you heaps of good luck. Hypothetically, of course. :-)

tbean said...

Hey there. Glad to see you back. Keep us in the loop about your sis okay? I'll be thinking of her. And of you. I understand needing to go quiet. But, as one of the few bloggers who really gets what I'm going through, I miss you. And am always happy when you resurface. Hugs and love my friend. I hope IVF is the last stop for both of us.

Carrie said...

i really think the bcps are much much different from progesterone stopping your period. once you start all the lupron and crazy meds, they really WILL be in full control of your body. i, too, usually have a 9-10 dau luteal phase, and even progesterone suppositories before didnt help. i bled right through them.
with IVF, THIS TIME, they completely turn off your brain so that it stops working like it should with periods. they shut that baby off.
i was fully expecting to spot through the progesterone, altho this time they also had me on the shots. amazingly, my progeterone was 220 when they checked it.... so something worked!
IVF controls your body in ways you cant yet imagine. i didnt believe it until i saw it with my own eyes. my body defies logic normally, it never does what it's supposed to, and previous medical treatment did nothing.