Sunday, December 21, 2008

Monster Lesbian Truck

Hi there, to anyone who is still out there .... Hello! Sorry for my continued silence. Not just on this blog, but especially on your blogs. I am hoping desperately that lots of you are pregnant by now, that I've missed tons of good news in the last couple months. But I've (still) got blog-block and have been learning important lessons while staying away. I know I'll re-enter this world in January, but for now, am still hiding. 

I'm on my third cycle of this break pause. But I'm gearing up for a return. I have my new insurance card in hand; coverage starts January 1. I have an appointment tomorrow for a pap, and g.onorrhea and c.hlamydia tests (required by new insurance for any fertility coverage). I have appointments in January with a new GP from whom I am confident I will extract the all-important referral, and an already-scheduled appointment with a new fertility doc who takes the new insurance. I also have a new commitment to fight any gay bias I encounter, anyone who tries to block me from fertility coverage. (Thank you to Travelher - "Roadblocks are meant to be driven through." - I'm feeling armoured with a huge Monster Truck, ready to drive through.) 

I'm going into holidays with family (tough times lately, my sweetie lost her grandma a few weeks ago) as a final battery re-charge, and then in January I'm getting back in the saddle. I imagine the first course of action will be fibroid surgery, so it may be more months before we get more sperm inside me, but we'll start working on it.

Just wanted to say, that despite my need to hide from the (in)fertility world for awhile, I love you all very much, am grateful for having had you in my life in 2008, and wish you happy, happy holidays. And lots of babies in 2009! Big hugs.

17 comments:

C.I.W. said...

Merry Christmas to you, too -

Thanks for checking in!

Have fantastic holiday celebrations and have fun ringing in the new year and all the possibility it holds for you and yours!

Casey

Carrie said...

i was surprised to see a new post! hope you have a wonderful holiday, and we look forward to cheering for your next cycle. :)

Anonymous said...

yep, we are still out here! nice to hear from you again.

sounds like you've got some wonderful changes going on with the new doc and new insurance. hope you are able to enjoy the rest of your pause & get geared up for jan!

mulberry said...

love you! so sorry to hear about your partners grandmother :( i hope the family recharge sends you into 2009 with your engine raring. totally understand the hiding, and i will be so please when you are ready to be back. been thinking of you... xo mulberry

tbean said...

lovely to hear from you babe--
happy holidays and I can't wait til you are Back in blogland.

xoxo

K said...

Thanks for the check in! It's great to hear about all of the great plans you're working on.

Hope you have a wonderful, restful time with your family. Come 2009, you've got work to do! :-)

jessie said...

Ok, weird. I was doing dishes and I thought of you and wanted to hop on your blog and let you know and here you are with a new post!!

Here's to a GREAT 2009 - hooray for the new insurance!

Heidi said...

Have a wonderful holiday!!! I can't wait til January to follow the next step in your journey!!

Love and hugs...and gas for the monster truck!!

Pufferfish said...

Good to hear from you! Remember, if you need back-up, you can always call me. Roadblocks bring out the little bulldog in me!
Looks like there are a number of bloggers who will be doing IVF in Jan so you'll have good company (including me possibly!).
Enjoy your holidays!

j.k-c. said...

So nice to hear from you. Have a good holiday and can't wait to cheer you on for your next TTC cycle!!!

Jen said...

So good that you came out to post! It sounds like things are rolling along and you have many things to look forward to in 2009. You are in good company. Enjoy the holidays and hear-hear to January!

A said...

Sounds like some wonderful things are going to happen for you in 2009. Good luck and you are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your partner's grandma. I hope the holidays give you a boost and I look forward to your return to blogland whenever you feel ready.

Merr said...

Happy Holidays to you too! Thanks for the update and we will look forward to hearing more about the new journey in 2009!

Anonymous said...

We're still reading sweetie. Looking forward to you getting back into the fray! Happy Holidays. xxx

*L'amante du Professeur* said...

I am so sorry to hear about partner's Grandma. We are thinking of you and wishing you LOTS of luck in trying after your surgery! You WILL be a mom one day.

Sarah said...

Thinking of you both and wishing you a great 2009...