The impending holiday has me very blue this year. I'm quite sure that if I searched my archives, I'd find that I thought last year's Mother's Day would be the last one I'd have without a child. Wash, rinse, repeat. Surely this year is the last childless Mother's Day, right?
C.alifornia ForCRYingOutloudBANK sent me an an email today. I shit you not, this was the text of the email: "It is our honor to take part in your journey, and our commitment includes supporting you through this process from beginning to end. We recently noticed that you have stopped shipping vials and hope that this means that wonderful things are on the horizon." C'mon. They *specialize* in infertility (or, at least in making money off of it) and they can't be more sensitive than to not send out something like that two days before Mother's Day? Hello. I think I'm going to take a brave page out of Cali's book and write them a letter.
I was out walking the dog this morning. And we were practicing "sit and stay" on the sidewalk. And a woman stopped to tell me how cute the puppy is. (She's right, of course!) And then as she was walking away, the sweet puppy did her trick perfectly and the woman said, "Happy Mother's Day!" to me. And I was so grateful. It was totally sincere. From one dog lover to another. She couldn't know how much I ache to be the other kind of mother. But it was really sweet, nonetheless. That is the first time in my life a stranger has thought of me as a mother, even of a puppy.
Oh, you guys, please let this end soon.
P.S. Said cuteness:

12 comments:
Happy mother's day, indeed. Or mothers', as the case may be. :D
And the pup? Freaking adorable.
It's all probably computer generated by the date you stopped.These places are busy so automation is needed.Can you imagine if the hired someone to handle it all personally? The sperm would be three it's price.
That email is absurd - they have no business sending out that crap.
I hope so much that it ends soon, friend.
xo
Such a cute pup!!
I agree with Olive. How dare they?!
Happy mothers' day. Your dog is too cute, seriously.
xxxx
Wow. That email made ME feel like I'd been punched in the gut. Whoa.
And on the opposite side of things, what a moment you shared with that neighbor on the sidewalk. How incredibly sweet and touching.
I'm sure every May since 2008 I've written the same post. I won't write it again this year. I know better now.
love and light to you
WTF!? they should MORE than know better. loved the doggie mommy on the street sharing her joy though. been thinking a lot about you and how FAR AWAY you live from me... it is SO not fair. LOVE that little pup... who looks to be getting BIG!
Here to hold your hand and wish for the end right along with you. xo.
Oh Lizzie, I so know what you mean. I'm right there with you, hoping motherless Mothers' Day ends soon.
And yep, that pup of yours is CUTE. And I agree: You are a mom to your pup. And pups need moms, that's for sure.
I am glad you are blogging again, and I need to keep up!
I feel the same way, except I dont' have a cute dog. ;-) Happy Mother's Day, girlfriend. And I do hope this ends soon, for both of us. xo
Where are your puppy's eyes?! :)
I'm still getting e-mails from
F@!rF@x Cryobank. They're freaking hilarious. Buy 4 vials get the 5th one free! I love it when sperm goes on sale.
Thanks for stopping by the old blog the other day. I really need to move to a new location and start blogging my actual life now. In the meantime, e-mail me if you want to FB friend. I do get up to your part of the country on a fairly regular basis and would love to get together some time.
What a sweet neighbor! A good reminder that we can make others' days brighter by pausing to make a kind comment like that.
As for the email--obnoxious, and reminds me of something similar that happened with our Fertility Blend vitamins. They had a refund policy where if you get pregnant before you use all the pills, you can return unopened bottles and get your money back. We had to stop using our his 'n' hers vitamins because they conflicted with herbs from the acupuncturist, and we'd spent so much on all this trying in general that I wanted our money back, dang it! So I wrote saying we were expecting (technically true, as at the time we had just gone live with our adoption agency--and would be parents shortly thereafter, though we didn't know how shortly yet!), and they sent us our refund, a congratulatory card, and some free Mother's Blend to support my pregnancy. Ouch. I know, I was kind of asking for it there, but seriously? I stuck the vitamins in the safe we had to get for our homestudy and haven't looked at them since. But who knows, maybe I'll actually get to use them before they expire. Anyway, I'm sorry!
Post a Comment