Thursday, November 13, 2008
Ougadougou
Um, I just had a 19 day cycle. WTF?!?! Seriously, I am the queen of the short luteal phase, but this is a bit ridiculous. I'm taking it as a sign that I really did need to pause for a while. Drain all the meds out of my system and gain some equilibrium. 19 days. Guess this process has wreaked as much havoc on my body as it has my heart. Nineteen. Jeez.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I don't know how you feel about herbal stuff, but have you tried vitex??? It regulated my cycles back in the day.
I'm sorry for the short cycle.
Obviously, your body is anxious to be done with the break.
Kidding, I kid. *hugs* That's got to be really frustrating. I hope that your body finds its balance soon.
Ugh, that's crazy! I'm sure your body will get back on track soon.
Also, I like to say Ougadougou too! So satisfying.
i've had those 19 day cycles... my body's way of adjusting for the 40 cycles i sometimes have ;)
i hope that this will be the clarifying cycle and then on to pregnancy
xo mulberry
Whoa! That's wacky. Good to drain those hormones out of your system, for sure. Sometimes I feel like I need to do that too!
In June, my first break month after a month of clomid, my cycle was 22 days. So, yeah...those drugs throw you way off.
But, does this mean the pause button has been released?
How stressful...Like Tbean, I had an extremely short cycle the first month off clomid. My period came so early (Thanksgiving Day last year) that I thought it was implantation spotting. That was one of the worst BFN's I ever had. But I think its really just the body adjusting. Take care...
wow....it's weird, i had a short cycle this month, too. it was about 24 days. I bleed about a week before my REAL period even starts, too! I get my period twice a month sometimes. so effed up.
Hey hon, I was thinking about you today. I had my hysteroscopy, because my doc had seen what she THOUGHT was a 1cm polyp. After my surgery, she said the polyp was 3cm long, and she also found 6 other budding polyps. She said having this hysteroscopy was the smartest thing i could do. there was no way i could get pregnant otherwise.
she's also said that a large polyp, or even lots of little ones - can dramatically decrease fertility. just a hostile environment.
I thought maybe you should have that checked out, if you havent already. Polyps are a leading cause for short luteal phase, "brownish" blood before/after your period, and bleeding between periods. If you have any of those, maybe have this checked out.
Thinking aboutcha. xoxo
Wow. No advise here. Sorry this is so frustrating. I think sometimes our bodies have a way of telling us to pause, some of us (me, up to this point) are just to stubborn to listen!
That is way weird. I agree with you that it's a sign your body needed the break. If you had been cycling and still had the short luteal phase... horridly dissapointing.
Your body WILL get back on track. You're making a very sane decision to let it rest and recover.
I'm spotting right now on Day 21 and have been a little since Day 19...I know what you mean. My body is OUT.OF.WHACK.
Hang in there. Change is good.
i am dying for a blog update! haha
Hi Lizzie - haven't heard from you in a while. Just wanted to drop a line to let you know that I was thinking about you guys and hoping everything is good in your world. :)
Post a Comment