Basically I was overly suppressed, and my estrogen levels never got up where they needed to be. They're going to try again in a few months, with a different protocol, a "stop Lupron" protocol. They're not going to put me on BCPs, but will use something else to bring on my period and start the cycle. They'll stop Lupron when I start stimming. Details to follow. (I'm meeting with the doc in a couple weeks, and IVF#2 will happen in November, I think.)
If I can dictate your reactions, please - I am open to things like, "that sucks! the universe blows!" in the comments. Please no sweet sympathy or compassion. It might push me over the edge. And I'm actually (for the moment) doing ok.
Reason why I am a chump: I actually told some folks that we were doing IVF and now I have to un-tell them. Let them know that we didn't even make it to retrieval.
Reason why I am NOT a chump: A meeting previously scheduled with the adoption counselor is set for Monday. We had debated - do we send in our next payment, do we go to our next appointment, or do we wait 'til after IVF and see if we still want to pursue adoption? [Hah! Insert wicked cackling here.] So glad we're hedging our bets and get to go forward with at least one process.

24 comments:
growl... hiss... *sounds of things being thrown across the room*... howls of fury, there must be someone i can beat up for you?! right?!
I'm pissed off for you. I remember our first attempt getting scotched and feeling gutted, then feeling it all over again when my response second time round was so crap they talked of cancelling again. The docs seemed happy to talk of having "gained useful knowledge" so they could "make adjustments next time" - they just didn't get the disappointment of it, or the anger at the wasted cost. So many hurdles. Hugs. Firm ones that don't make you want cry. xxx
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK.
And fuck.
That is all.
I think this one deserves a "mother fucker," if I can. I hate that this happened. I'm mad at the universe.
I think my favorite phrase is appropriate here.
bald-headed bitch-ass mother fucker! (while shaking fists at the universe)
Shit. How completely frustrating!
Grrr, wish I'd read this before emailing you, so just curse at gmail (and me) when you read it. Damn drugs. Why the hell can't they get them right the first time?
I was also oversuppressed. It's because my ovaries suck ass.
Same thing happened to me, cancelled before retrieval. I know how bad it sucks. I was afraid of this from your last post b/c it all sounded oh so familiar. Fuckety fuck fuck.
dictate all you want, fucking sucks.
Well that blows!!! I am also shaking my fist at the sky with you. Why can this ttc thing not be easier???!!
I am oh so excited about your adoption meeting. I am all about having a few family-building options open at one time. Smart cookie.
fucking HELL. I am so so so fucking sorry.
What kind of fuckery is this? Don't these people do this for living?
How completely crappy!!
In the words of my favorite string of expletives: bugger, bum, shit, pooh!
Repeat as necessary.
Looking forward to hearing about the adoption steps.
Harumph!
fuck. im so sorry. fuck.
omg that fucking sucks girl, i am so sorry. no, there is no nice way of escorting people through crappy situations like this. im right there with you, throwing out every 4 letter word possible. fuck fuck fuckity fuck. im sorry about the ivf cancellation. :( sending big hugs.
mush? hell no.
That fucking sucks.
ciw.
Ah, IVF-- the mind fuckery continues. My RE's nurse was always quick to remind me in scenarios like this (this happened to me early in my IVF cycle, so they tripled my drugs, I over-stimmed, and the resulting eggs were CRAP so we never made it to transfer) that ART is more art than science. To which I reply that for a bunch of artists, they sure are well-paid.
To quote my favorite something-has-gone-bad song "Stupid Dumbshit -od Damn Muther Fucker."
Or I also like what tbean had to say.
SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!
Sending you a big {{{HUG}}}
Well yes that does suck!!
Good luck with the adoption meeting!!
Seriously, what the fuck is going on with the universe? Arrrgh!
What a piss up wind that was. Dammit.
This sucks. This blows. I HATE this. Rar.
Post a Comment