- My sister has made it to 36 weeks. No one thought she'd get this far, and we're thrilled. I'm flying out tomorrow to take my turn helping with childcare so she can stay on bedrest and keep this pregnancy going even longer.
- Meeting number 3 with the adoption counselor was this past week and it was great. She likes us, we like her. We want a baby, she wants to give us a baby, it is within her power to do that, and it's all good. I think we'll finish the paperwork stage (and classes and counseling sessions and legal stuff, all of this adds up to what is called the "home study" even though she will visit our home just once) in another month or two, and then it's about a 13 month wait on average to get an infant placed. Could be faster, could be slower. It still feels a long way off, but it is such a happy, positive process. (Unlike another process that will, a-hem, go unmentioned here.)
- Oh, and we moved. I hate moving, but I love the arrival and the unpacking and the organizing. I love that everything feels intentional and clean and fresh. And there will be a puppy in this home soon. I'm predicting sometime in November.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Little Dots (they're like bullets, but not as violent)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Adoption is so much more concrete and those months will fly by while you're raising your new pup! I love where this is going.
The fresh start involved with a move is exhilarating. Happy news about your sister!
Keep the happy little dots coming...
Congratulations on your anticipated puppy! And congratulations on moving forward and on your actual physical move. Sounds like things are going well.
3 good news bullets!!
Yay on sis getting practically to term!
Double yay on adoption things going forward so smoothly!
And triple quadruple quintuple yay on the new puppy to be. You are going to LOVE it. :)
Glad the move is behind you and you can start to get settled now. hugs.
I am completely teared up with all your good news.
Yay sister! Yay for new homes! And yay for adoption, which is sounding like a better option all the time. Maybe you will be one of those couples who ends up with a super-short wait period.
It's good to hear some good news from this blog!!
Yay for good news! Sounds better and better! Rooting for all to continue going so well! You have been very busy gals!
This is all great news! Congrats on moving and the upcoming pup and creating such a good foundation with your adoption counselor. It might still be a while until you're holding your own baby, but you're on the path.
* YAY.
* Yay!!
* Oh my god puppy YAY!
so sorry i've been so MIA. i'm trying so hard to catch up on life....
congrats on everything! the move, the adoption stuffs ... sounds great!
:)
Post a Comment