Friday, April 24, 2009

Plumpin' up my eggs

So I did 3 nights x 150 units of F.ollistim. Then last night, 75 units. Went in this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound. There are two follicles on my left (blocked) side and a larger one (but only one) on the right (open) side. I'm to take 75 units for the next three nights and return on Monday morning for another scan. Part of me is feeling sorry for myself with only one follie on the right. I mean, really, with one follie, what is the difference between injectables and C.lomid, or injectables and my own unmedicated ovulation? I'd really love to grow a huge crop and have to worry about multiples. (I mean, it would be nice to have a new worry to add to the old, boring list of worries that I've just about worried to death by now.) But, if I'm honest with myself, I prefer my doc's conservative approach, am glad he's not having me shoot full of massive amounts of the F.ollistim. And with one blocked tube, I guess that au natural would mean I'd have to skip every other month. And with the drugs, at least I'm reliably getting a follie on the right side every cycle, even if it's only one. Anyway, the weather is beautiful here. And I had a cold all week and it is finally lifting. And I've got a plump follie on the right. Happy weekend everyone!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for that one, plump, happy follie. I hope your weekend is sunny!

Melissa said...

I know it must be frustrating but hang in there. I think it's best to be conservative with the dosage, I think my dosage is what is forcing me to take a break. I'll be think of you!

mulberry said...

go follie! go go go!

Merr said...

You only need one and having the gaurantee of at least one big one each time is worth it!

Adventures in Babymaking said...

Thinking happy follie baby making thoughts.

Anonymous said...

While I'm not one to cheer for the Chr.istian "Right", I will happily be a rightist in your case. Go righty go!

Jen said...

Speaking from personal experience, the grass always seems to be greener... I took 75ui of Follistim and I had 20 follies and OHSS. This, believe me, is a MUCH better scenerio. More is not always better. I hope your powerful follie is the winner!

N said...

One follicle is all you need. *hugs* I'm cheering them on!

cindyhoo2 said...

Go big right follie... make a baby!

Inlocoparentis said...

I am in kind of a similar boat. My doc is conservative and we now have eight follies - with hope for maybe a few more by ER. I would have loved to have seen like 20, but then you risk cancellation for OHSS. Slow and steady . . .

Melody said...

Glad you're back in the game. I hope the plump follie on the right turns into a plump embryo for you.

Gayby Rabies said...

I found your blog through some others I've been reading.
Out of curiosity, do you alternate sides when you inject? I just did my first cycle with injectables and injected only on the right side. In the end, all my follicles were on the right. I heard from one other person that all her follicles were on one side when she didn't alternate her injections.
Best of luck with your plump, beautiful follicle on the good side. It only takes one!