Now I see why people frequently post the seemingly obligatory pic of all their IVF meds .... Mine just arrived. And since there is Menopur this time, holy cow! Last time I didn't use the Menopur, and the quantity of drugs didn't seem like that much more than a regular injectables cycle (Lupron, sure, but it's a little vial ...), and certainly didn't seem to warrant a picture. Anyway, I'm feeling lazy and my camera's memory card is full (last week with my nephew, the cutie pie), so I'm not going to post a pic. You'll have to use your imagination. But suffice it to say my kitchen is now a pharmacy. Wowzers. I start aygestin (in place of BCPs) next week.
P.S. Delivery of said drugs involved me locking myself out of my new apartment when I went down to greet the FedEx guy, walking around to the alley and rear entrance in my pjs and slippers while carrying said pharmacy in my arms, and having to wake up the landlord's 20 year old son, who lives in the building, and etc. At least we're off to a comical start. :)
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
The big box o' meds is intimidating. For these donor cycles I get a tiny box filled with 3 small vials of meds plus some syringes-- makes me feel like I am missing something.
As for getting locked out in your jammies, priceless! Glad to hear other people do similar things.
I'm one of those people who is so scared of getting locked out in my pj's that I would make the person wait til I got dressed! That is funny...
I remember that big box of meds and I hope they serve you well.
Isn't it amazing how big that box is? And how the contents transform a living room into a medical facility? Sheesh. I haven't taken the picture yet, but I think with my next cycle I will.
And I once took the garbage out (it's like 10 feet from my door to the garbage shoot) in my bra and shorts, and got caught! I thought I was safe because it was about 2AM. Fortunately, my neighbor was drunk so I don't think he remembered. I still cringe when I think about it, though.
Were they big pick fuzzy bunny slippers????
I loved getting the big o'box of drugs!! It felt so important and big!!
This is the start of something absolutely wonderful!
That box of meds is pretty intimidating, isn't it? After the intial shock, I'm sorry to say that you get used it it. When my first box arrived, I was a nervous wreck, but now that I'm on my third, I don't even blink. Even my door man is bored with the whole thing. ;-)
Love the story--it'll be a good one to tell your kid someday!
Post a Comment