Monday, October 26, 2009

While I was away ...

... I shot up Lupron in some crazy places (crazy like geography and far away cities, not crazy like putting the Lupron in my ear), turned 38 (not talking about it), hit a TTC two year mark (if you count starting when I began OPKing, which I sort of do and sort of don't), and otherwise felt disconnected from the belief that this baby thing ever will ever be reality.

But home again and with my sweetie, I'm happy to report, that IVF Le Deuxième seems to be off to a better start than IVF Le Failure. As in, no Lupron headaches this time. And the aygestin worked as they said it would, no spotting, and my period arrived today, on schedule, after taking the last dose of aygestin on Friday. This is way better than my body behaved on BCPs. On the pill, I had a period that the doc's office insisted was normal spotting, but I knew was a full on period, in the middle of the BCPs and then I had no period when I went off the BCPs.

It may mean nothing, but this time around at least my body is doing what they said it would, when they said it would. I'm still enough of a teacher's pet (yes, see above, at age 38) to feel a bit puffed up when my IVF instructions say "you'll get your period on our around the 26th of October" and then I do. I mean, hey, there have been so few moments in this game when my body has behaved ... please say a prayer that all continues on course. Baseline tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad this cycle is starting out better. No headaches = fabulous! And I'm with you on the teachers pet thing. I love to please and follow instructions to a tee...even when it's technically out of my control to follow them.

I'm sending huge hopeful vibes for the scan tomorrow!

(and happy birthday, even though you're not talking about it!)

Anonymous said...

I am cheering for you woman! Sounds like things are going much better this time, even with the crazy injection locations ;)

I can't wait to hear how it all goes. Lots of luck from me to you.

mulberry said...

right there... routing for you and your bod. the aygestin really was better on my body too. the bcp and the lupron were killers.

Inlocoparentis said...

Glad to hear things are off to a good start!

cindyhoo2 said...

I had to laugh out loud at the thought of you shooting Lupron into your ear. Personally I "shot up" in a hotel bathroom one evening... I felt so "herione chic"

Glad to hear that this cycle is looking and feeling different than the last.

Melody said...

I'm glad it's going better too. I hated BCPs even worse than Lupron for the crazy-making. I don't really pray, but I will be sending good energy toward you.

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

I had to laugh, too. When I first read that you shot up in crazy places, I thought you meant on your body. lol

Happy - what is it? 29th? - birthday!

Merr said...

Oooo right on go body!!!