Thursday, November 5, 2009

Not feelin' it

So, if there really are 20 follies in there (which is what they said they saw on Monday), and they were growing and my E2 was rising, surely I'd be feeling it by now, on my 9th day of stims. Right? I've had some ovary pangs, temporary ones, sporadically this week. But no groaning ovaries. No carrying around a basketful of 20 eggs uncomfortable-ness. I go back tomorrow for u/s and b/w, but I'm guessing that this isn't going anywhere (again). I haven't given up. I'm doing everything I can, following every internet theory and old wives tale to raise my estrogren levels. Going to acupuncture. Eating royal jelly. Having orgasms. (Poor me, I know.) Taking supplements. Etc. But I'm feeling doubtful. I'm not trying to borrow trouble, but I do need to express my doubts to feel like I'm protecting myself.

Question for you IVF vets out there: how many days did you stim? when did you start to feel all bloated and full of eggs?

11 comments:

N said...

Fingers crossed you're just not feeling anything. :-/ I wish I had experience with IVF, but I don't know how it feels - I just know how I felt with my two eggs for IUI. Which I had to stim 15 days to get. Oy.

I am hoping hoping hoping there are maturing eggies in there.

Melody said...

10 days of stimming, and I prob started feeling it around Day 8, but I produced an abundance of eggs that were all crap (not a single embryo made it past Day 2) and then got OHSS. Had the opposite problem. :(

Inlocoparentis said...

I stimmed for thirteen days. Honestly, I did not start really feeling it until after the trigger, and then it was AWFUL (but worth it). I think I had 13 follicles total.

Carey said...

I stimmed for 11 days and I had close to 30 eggs. I didn't feel a thing until after trigger either, but i ended up with 10 that fertilized and are frozen in storage now. Good Luck to you!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't have advice but I know that discouraged feeling. I hope you get a great surprise at the u/s tomorrow.
xo

Anonymous said...

I don't know how many days I stimmed, but they ended up getting 21 eggs and 16 fertilized. I had 32 follicles and my RE was worried about hyperstim-whatever that thing is called. I never felt anything.

Here's hoping you have a lot going on and you're just not feeling it!

Pufferfish said...

Chicken didn't feel it until the end and then after the retrieval. I hope that's what is going on with you. I'm glad to hear the cycle IS going on! Hope it all turns around in your favor.

Next in Line said...

I don't know if this is good news or bad news, but I don't think there is anyway to tell. We are all so unique and taking different truckloads of drugs to hopefully get some good eggs. I really am hoping this goes somewhere great for you. Waiting and wondering is the worst.

Anonymous said...

Conversely, I felt like I was going to burst, and had a measly 4 follicles after 11 days of max dose stims. Who knows? I'm hoping hard for you though.

Carrie said...

I think I stimmed for 10-11 days, but I know some women who stimmed for 15-17. All women are different. I felt some pangs around day 8. The more painful stretching pains came after the trigger, though. You may still need a few more days of stimming, and that would be totally normal! Good luck!

tbean said...

Thinking of you. Devoid of advice. Just sending love.