Friday, November 6, 2009

Still in the game

Um, eeeek, maybe NOT canceled .... !! The nurse just called. My E2 is up to 544. She sees 10 follies of a good size from the ultrasound this morning. I return tomorrow for another round of blood and ultrasound. If all continues to go well, she is predicting a Tuesday retrieval and Friday transfer. Oh my god, I just got nervous.

I know that 10 follies is not a huge number in the IVF world. So I would love to hear some "I didn't get too many eggs, but it worked anyway" stories. Oh my god. Could this really be moving forward?

12 comments:

Dresden said...

oooooooooh!!!!! so exciting!
10 can be really good. I remember being in the waiting room on the day of my er and talking to a woman who was hoping for 2 eggs.
crossing fingers and hoping for kick ass news!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, I have a story for you. I googled IVF success stories and found a story of a woman who had only 6 eggs (if I remember correctly) and only one made it to transfer, ONE! She had photos of her newly born baby girl posted so just try to remember that lame ass line "it only tales one!"

So happy to hear you are still in the game. Lots of well wishes coming your way.

Melissa said...

Fingers crossed!!

tbean said...

Oh Lizzie! This is such fantastic news. FWIW, when I started stimming, I asked my doc. how many eggs he would hope to have retrieved and he told me 10. So 10 is perfect. 10 is fantastic. 10 is amazing.

mulberry said...

that is GREAT news! and it is all about how many fertilize and then develop... not how many follicles in total :) some, like me had lots and lots of follicles and very few endede up making the cut. some have a small handful of stars that sail through the whole process. i am sooooo thrilled you are on the road forward. xxoo mulberry

Pufferfish said...

I've actually heard that too many is not the best scenario as they probably won't all be good eggs.
Chicken had 12 and we ended up with twins.
So, yeah, I would be really happy with 10 if I were you! Sounds promising...)

Next in Line said...

10 is great! My clinic aims for 10-12 follicles. I had 12 and am sitting here on my pregnant ass eight and half months later. That is plenty of eggs. Remember you only need one good one to make this work and the beauty of IVF is that they will watch them grow in the lab and pick the best ones.

Carey said...

I agree that 10 is a very good number!! Glad to hear you are still in the game!! Good luck!!

cindyhoo2 said...

10 good follies is f'ing great! I have never had that many. I also have heard that huge numbers can compromise quality. So come one follies: Lizzie needs a few high quality eggies to transfer. I am feeling quite optimistic for you.

Carrie said...

omg!!!! i am crossing all my fingers that you are green light!!!!

PS - 10 follies is great. I only had 15. My friend had 3 and 4 follies, respectively, with her two IVF cycles. She got preggers with both!

Anonymous said...

Honey, 10 is twice as many as I got! Bonus ball is the result of one of the two that actually fertilised.

Inlocoparentis said...

In my case, they retrieved nine eggs but only three of them were mature, two of them fertilized, and only one developed into a great quality embryo (the other was a slow starter) but we transferred both. The good one is kicking me in the ribs as we speak! PS: Vee and Jay have a similar story. :)