Sunday, November 8, 2009

Overheard at the acupuncturist's office


"I don't know where..."
"Well, there's placenta right here. Ooops, I better wash my hands."
"Is it Kim's?"
"It must be."
"That's great."
"But shouldn't it be in the fridge?"

Meanwhile, I'm lying on the table thinking, "Eeeeeewwwww." And, "she better wash her hands before she comes back in here." [Note to self: you are clearly not as much of a hippie as you thought you were.]

6 comments:

mulberry said...

ok, totally weird... i can't imagine a situation where someone would come upon a unaccompanied placenta to even speculate on who's it was...

cindyhoo2 said...

I am with Mulberry. I am pretty sure that no place I go has some placenta lying about. My other question, exactly how did kim's placenta get left out of the fridge and why is that great? Too funny!!

tireegal68 said...

Funny! Actually my sister kept at least one placenta in the freezer at some point in one of her daughter's first few weeks. She told me and my very butch but squeamish GF of the moment that she was going to fry it up and eat it at some point because it has a lot of nutrients. My GF about fainted! I never asked her what happened to it! I guess that makes my sister super crunchy !

Anonymous said...

Seriously eeeew! That's a bit too crunchy for me but Mulberry's comment made me laugh ;)

Glad all the eggs are still growing well and I'm sending loads of positive energy your way.

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

I have two reactions: "HA!" and "What the hell?"

Anonymous said...

wtf was that?