Monday, August 18, 2008

Jiggety jig

Home again, home again. Fun mail waiting. Travelher sent me a treat because I'd won her geography contest. (Ok, that's a lie. I didn't win. I was the runner-up, but she still sent me a prize. Thank you!!) My buttons came. And the best surprise of all: the assholes lovely people at B.lue C.ross have finally decided that they will cover the majority of my HSG. That's the HSG from April, folks, so we're talking about the resolution to nearly 4 months of battling. April was the screwed up HSG, not the second one I got as a freebie because they'd screwed up the first.

Frankly, I think it's questionable whether I should be paying for the first one either, or whether even my insurance should. Since it was a big screw up. But I had already begun the battle to have it re-coded (someone had coded it "infertility," for which I have no coverage, despite the fact that I hadn't - haven't - been diagnosed with infertility). And I just couldn't find the energy to fight the "I shouldn't have to pay for this at all" fight with the hospital at the same time I was fighting the "this must be re-coded so that my insurance covers it and the diagnosis of infertility doesn't stay in my insurance records and cause future services to also be declined" fight with everyone else. But I went away on vacation, drank a lot of wine, came home, and it was finally solved! 

I'm really sad that we're out this month (and probably next), but I'm not going to dwell on it, because I'm all post-vacation happy right now and also I can't do anything about it. 

In good news, we finally went yesterday to buy the new TV that I'd given my sweetie for her birthday a few months ago but we hadn't picked out/up yet. We're generally not big TV people, don't have cable, etc. But we were watching a sad, sad television that had been mine since 1994. So we seriously upgraded, and just in time for the second week of the O.lympics!!! I love the O.lympics with something bordering on fanaticism, and seriously, with this new TV, I feel like I'm actually in B.eijing. Suddenly a huge potato. Suddenly unclear whether this was a birthday present for her, or for me. Ooops. 

8 comments:

K said...

Welcome back! The longer M and I live together, the harder I find it to pick out gifts that are only for her and not for me too. I guess the key is to find a ratio that tips toward their side, at least? I dunno, but I think the new tv sounds like the perfect thing to hypnotize yourself with through your break! ;-)

giggleblue said...

thankful for insurance companies that finally pay!!!

giggleblue said...

oh, and i've brought the mrs. plenty of gifts that turn out to be for "us"!

Adventures in Babymaking said...

Welcome back, you were missed. I'm very happy that all the insurance shit was worked out. It can all be such a pain. Happy Olympics watching!

Merr said...

We love our new big tv too! Now you will have to get cable so you'll have more fun stuff to watch. Sorry definitely a tv person here.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I sent out your socks today, so you have more "good" mail to look forward to! I understand the horror of insurance company battles-- I had a year long fight with mine five years ago when they tried to tell me that my breast reduction was cosmetic surgery. But in the end, I won. I'm glad you did too.

Sarah said...

Hey Welcome Back! Glad you had a good vacation and are enjoying your new t.v./Olympics!

Anonymous said...

We love our newish big t.v too. although it too a bit to get used too. You got in perfect time to watch the olympics. Welcome back and congrats on your big win with the insurance company.