We shot up the sperm this morning, at 12 hours post-trigger, and will again tomorrow morning, at 36 hours post-trigger. I was obsessing over the clinic's recommendation of 12 and 36, versus my instinct to do 18 and 36. Then I decided to let it go. Wrestling with that 6 hour difference (yes, 6) was just a way to maintain the illusion that I am in control of this. Today I am admitting that I am not in control. Right at this moment I feel good.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
6
I've been sort of obsessed with the 6th try. Because somewhere, someone told me that 6 was the average number of tries it takes. Because that's exactly how many tries it took our good friend to pregnant with her son, and she was the only "real life" person I knew for the longest time who had done this. Because some insurance plans will cover infertility for women who've been trying for 6 months (instead of the normal 12) if they're over 35. Today, though, I'm reminding myself that 6 is just a number. My follicles this month don't even know that they're the 6th go round. They're just doing their follicle thing. They haven't been counting along with me. Today I'm inviting my baby to come to me when the time is right, not just because we've tried 6 times and I feel like it's my due.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
Go go swimmers!
Good luck Lizzie. That obsession with numbers plagues me too. And, subsequently gets worse and worse the higher the number gets. But, it is important to step away from that and realize it is an arbitrary distinction.
Good luck you guys - I really hope that this is it for you. My fingers are crossed.
i HATE not being in control... so i get 'cha...
... and i think it is a good thing that your follicles do not know of your obsession with the number 6. they are going about their business and making preparations for taking the spotlight!
go little spermies... there is egg diva awaiting her moment in the spotlight. she needs you, little sperm, to do your thing so she can hit her mark and make a baby!
[missing the theatre today i guess... anyway, you get my drift]
I am constantly obsessing about this entire process and can completely relate. Good luck though...I hope they are swimming their little hearts out.
Hi Lizzie,
When I read your last post I was thinking, "not 18! shoot 'em at 12!" I'm all about 12 for the over-35 set.
I think I told you 6 was the average, but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Well, it was the 6th try for me and I hope that it works (really works) on the 6th try for you, too.
I'm convinced the 36 hour insem is the trick.
SO glad to hear you sounding better!!
Six feels good. I'm (almost) right here with you again... let's get this TWW over with so we can compare two-pink-lines pictures!
I think it is better to get it in a little earlier because the sperm can survive up in there for awhile just waiting for an egg to come down. I know lots of people who got it on try 6, so good luck!
I'm glad you are feeling good! Go swimmers, go!!!
And six is just a number, but it is magic number for some, hope it is for you.
Go #6 - I think that's a good number of tries and you really ought to get a healthy pregnancy out of this one!
i have my fingers crossed for you, and i hope the 12/36 hour insem. is what that is!!!
--fellow control freak
I have been where you have been with the timing.....it can really screw with you brain!
Try to relax and destress over the next two weeks.
Best wishes.
Hoping 6 is what it takes!!
i am hoping 6 is lucky for you. i heard that as well - my midwife said 3-6 cycles. it took 8 for us so while i hope it works, don't give up hope. statistics as just numbers, and we are humans.
I love the timing - it sounds so good. I am hopeful that egg is doing it's egg thing and the sperm gets it together to meet it. 6 is one of favorite numbers and although it is just a number I hope it is YOUR number. xo L.
It is nice to give the control away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 6 is it!
Hi - I've been thinking about your guys this week - how are you doing? Still feeling good?
well, this coming cycle will be try #6 for us too (post m/c), so here's hoping that there is something magical about that number 6! I think your timing sounds great (I obsess over it every month too) and I hope this is the month!
Post a Comment