Tuesday, July 22, 2008
All spermed up
Went in for the insem this morning. All went well. Except for the drive, which was loooong. While my appointments happen at the close by office in the city, the insems happen at the office in the far away suburbs. It took an hour and a half in traffic to get there this morning, and practically the same amount of time coming back. Not fun, and we were both hungry b/c we'd left home so early and hadn't planned well, so we got crabby with each other on the drive home. Plus, I always feel like an alien in the suburbs, the landscape doesn't make sense to me. I always get lost and seem to drive around and around in circles, always winding up at the same Red L.obster parking lot. Anyway. I felt so bad that we were crabby post-insem that when we got back home to our urban jungle (hah) I made my sweetie take me to brunch so we could sit across the table and look at each other and really talk. And I ate yummy pancakes with fresh berries. And now I'm home, resting. I think that trigger shot made me really tired. And it's a gorgeous, gorgeous day. And it is Emily S.alier's (from the I.ndigo Girls) birthday, or so the guy on N.PR said this morning. And I saw a big billboard this morning that said "every egg's dream" while we were on our way to the insem. In reality, it was an ad for McD.onald's, but I am choosing to see it as an Auspicious Sign. Into the TWW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
Go swimmers!! Find that egg! Stick stick!
-nutella
Woo! Pancakes on insemination day sounds about perfect! Welcome to the TWW.
Hurrah! Here's hoping it's the last.
I think it is a bit natural to get crabby before or after an insemination - just because there are so many emotions going into it. I happy to hear that you went out to brunch and ate pancakes. That seems like the perfect insemination food and a great way to reconnect. Lets hope that your egg meets it dream in the next 24 hours. Good luck.
Good luck girls!!
Yay! I hope this is the one for you. Go get yourself some fresh pineapple.
swim, swimmers, swim!
happy insem day!
Way to dive in lady! I'm all crossed for you. xo
Every egg's dream! Awesome!
Swim little guys, swim!
hey-- thanks for your comment-- I am adding you to my blogroll so I can read along. I laughed at the line about the Red Lobster-- as a suburbanite, I know that this is all too true. I think all signs are pointing to 'yes' for this month!
Oh being hungry and lost is the worst! Overall sounds like a pretty good day--swim away and find that egg little spermies!
The trigger wiped me out this time around too. Yesterday I could not peel myself up off the couch. Let's make a pact to make this the shortest TWW ever!
Late to the party here but wanted to say that I'm hoping for the world for you! (and by the world, I mean a healthy pregnancy/baby!)
i want to post a link to your site about your bfp... hoping this is the month. there is magic in billboards.
Post a Comment