The biggest follicle was only 17mm, so I'm returning Sunday (tomorrow) morning for another scan and they expect that I will trigger Sunday night and then insem on Tuesday morning ... !
As an aside, do you ever feel implicitly criticized when things don't go as the clinic expects? Or am I just wildly over-sensitive?? Comments like, "usually everyone is ready to go on CD12, but you're not, so we're going to bring you back on Sunday to scan again." I just feel a little defensive about my slow-growing follies. Without drugs, I don't usually ovulate 'til CD16, so not being ready to trigger on CD12 seems ok to me. Is everyone else really ready to go on CD12 like clockwork? It's not an assembly line, is it? Surely not everyone's follies cook at the same rate? Let me emphasize that no one was the least bit mean to me, I'm just over-reacting .... but do you ever feel somehow guilty when your body doesn't react as they expect?
Upcoming post : my fibroid obsession/question/worry/issue/thoughts.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend ....

6 comments:
I don't know, I would feel sensitive about a comment like that too! I don't ovulate until CD15 or 16. Not all bodies are the same, it would be nice if that could be celebrated more.
GOOD LUCK! I'm excited for you.
On my own, I don't ovulate until CD21, so when I went in for my CD12 scan, I was disappointed, but not surprised that they weren't ready. I was, however, devastated when I went back in on CD14 and they were still not ready. The RE canceled the entire cycle...so bummed!
Good luck to you!
I'm glad everything is lining up "right!" for this cycle. I agree that everybody is different. For me,clomid pushed back my ovulation date anyway. I wish the IVP could put together a training for fertility clinics on how to phrase things!
I'm so excited that it's on the right!
I'm terribly sensitive to what the clinic says too-- I catch every word and obsess about it for weeks. But no, waiting till CD14 or 15 doesn't seem like a bit deal at all-- even on a stimmed cycle.
you would think that since the clinics/practices see SO many different women that they would have noticed that WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT! but they somehow still relate like we all will ovulate on dayX and have various sizes of follicles on dayY and when i tell them that i know i am not ready to ovulate and thus am not worried about the fact that the *blood and scan* show that i am *not ready to ovulate* i do not feel bad, i just think that they are stupid. but then i worry that there are stupid people trying to get me pregnant, so it gets me either way :)
I ovulated on Day 19 this month so, trust me, you're not the only one whose plumbing works precisely at day 12. Keep in mind these people probably see dozens of patients a day and have just lost that ability to be sensitive. They forget it's YOUR body they are talking about and just discuss the process comparatively to the others they see. Try not to take it personally!
Post a Comment