Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All turned in

Everything - including the bloodtyping - is done and turned in. The nurse said she would start the process right away and it is *still possible* (but not likely, she cautioned) that the insurance will respond in time for me to start this cycle. She was nice and non-bossy. She will keep me posted. So all I can do is pop the progesterone and pretend to relax. I should shove the stuff up my hoo-hah, right? That is a more concentrated/effective dose than swallowing the pills, yes?  What joy.

P.S. As I was driving across town to pick up a second set of labs today and sending faxes and leaving voicemails and cajoling nurses and corralling results, I realized how lucky I am to work from home and have such a flexible schedule. How do the rest of you manage to do this shit and also show up at the office and get your work done? I'm in awe.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad that it's all turned in and I've got my fingers crossed that the insurance company will move quickly.

I think we should all get federally mandated TTC leave at full pay. I agree, it's amazing what so many people have to fit into their schedules in addition to work.

jessie said...

I hope the process speeds up for you!

Jen said...

yay, that was fast, relatively speaking of course! I do struggle wth getting everything done at work, but between comp time and a great boss who is very flexible with me, it works. I can't imagine punching a clock and doing all of this!

Pufferfish said...

Thank God that's done and it sounds like it went relatively quick and easy considering all you've been through.
Yep, shove em up the hoo-ha just as far as you can. Did yours come with an applicator? When I use that I notice less leakage than when I have to get it there by my own means. Either way, good times!
I don't know how ppl without flex schedules do all of it either. Incredible.

Anonymous said...

we miss a *lot* of work and end up having to tell our bosses our personal business, it sucks! im totally envious of your flexiblity!

good job getting all the prelim steps done so efficently! hope the insurance moves speedily too!

Anonymous said...

Hoping it all lines up in time for you.

I know what you mean about flexible working hours - what a life saver!

Heidi said...

I'm glad everything is turned in! I hope the insurance company is on the ball and gets everything pushed through quickly!!!

As far as me and work, my boss is very flexible and understands when I need to disappear for a bit without any notice, I'm lucky in that sense, I can't imagine what others have to go through!

nutella said...

Hurray for all the paperwork turned in! Hope they turn it around quickly for you.