Monday, February 9, 2009

Dump that chump

Ok, old donor out. New donor in. I thought it would be harder than it was. My sweetie really didn't like the selection process the first time around and I wasn't looking forward to going through it all again. And we'd both become so fond of our old donor, so irrationally attached. I wasn't sure we'd find another who met our criteria. But we did. And quickly, I might add. Much less deliberation, much less sentiment. The biggest issue was that we'd (foolishly) bought a ton of the old guy's stuff. Luckily, the sperm bank will swap out vials that have never left their premises. So we can swap the previously purchased vials of Mr. Didn't Get Me Preggers for vials of Mr. Gonna Get Me Preggers, and pay only a one time swapping fee. Onward!

11 comments:

mulberry said...

swap swap swap! bring on mr gonna get me (or you in this case) preggers!

Melissa said...

I'm all for brinign in the new. This is probably the change you need

Anonymous said...

Mr. GGMP sounds hot!

Anonymous said...

Onward and upwards! And, I hear you r.e. donors getting easier to pick second time round (I cried the first time..!)
jay

Anonymous said...

Heh - we too picked our second donor in about 1 minute flat, after agonisingly picking our first and really not wanting to switch. The switch did it for us - you too I hope!

Jen said...

Most excellent! Isn't it funny how getting pass that first ideal donor makes the choices easier. We found that to be true for us as well! Onward is right!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! May the ease of swapping lead to further ease in TTC process!

Sarah said...

Yay for Mr. Gonna and back in the game. Same thing here..took forever to pick the first, much less time after that. Onward!

K said...

Sounds great. Hope the new guy does the trick and FAST!

Anonymous said...

Bye bye old guy! Hello, Mr. Pregnancy Maker.

Anonymous said...

we did the same thing - bought up a bunch of donor #1 after falling in love. hindsight, ya know?

hope the new donor works right away for you!