Thursday, February 26, 2009

Big weekend plans

Friday night I start my F.ollistim shots, 75 units. The pen thing looks easy. I've watched the instructional video several times online, and turned down the in-person F.ollistim teach offered by Nurse Not-Bossy-Afterall (anything to save an extra trip to the office). And Saturday morning we are attending an adoption seminar with the agency we'd like to work with. It's just a public seminar, an informational meeting, but it is the first required step to work with them. We are both very excited!! And then I have some "Pay it forward" crafting to do .... :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with the shots! the pens make administering the meds very easy.

can't wait to hear about the adoption seminar. we plan to adopt some day also, so i look forward to hearing the details.

Jen said...

The Follistim pen could not be easier, so don't fret. Although I did find that if I iced the spot for a few seconds, the meds didn't sting as much under the skin.

I was on 75 as well, so I hope your ovaries respond better than mine in terms of estrogen levels. Since mine were through the roof, I have a feeling I will move down to 50....I'll be interested in hearing how it goes!

N said...

Good luck! I'm so excited for you to be back in the game.

mulberry said...

you are going to do great...

Next in Line said...

You are now a hardcore drug shooter! The shot will be fine, but definitely deserving of a present or at least a little piece of chocolate. smile. The adoption seminar sounds cool.

dariasquirrel said...

wishing you luck as you start the follistim! i just started it this cycle too! but, my dose was MAJOR- first time around and i took a whole vial (dialed the pen to 450 IU)! and my side effects were mild- just got pretty darn barrel bloated by the end of 6 days, no biggie. the pen rocks! easy to take anywhere, too. we used the cool packs and cold pack envelope they sent it in to take a trip to the coast even!
let's hope we're BOTH that 40% my follistim friend!

when is your doctor seeing you next? i had the same estrogen high that jen mentioned, so good to keep an eye on that and get in sooner to be checked rather than later (even though you ARE on a pretty low dose!) just something i didn't realize until it happened to me.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be a rock star with those pens!! I hope the adoption seminar goes well. xoxo L

Anonymous said...

I hope it went well last night!

Anonymous said...

Hope the first shot went well. Just going to guess that it did, what with the you being awesome part and all.

Thinking good thoughts for the adoption seminar as well. Look forward to reading that BOTH paths are bringing you joy and hope.

Carrie said...

good luck with the shots. i may take jen's advice about icing my skin for a few seconds. the menopur im using hurts like a mofo. i guess that's what you get with shooting menopausal nun's urine into ya. lol

K said...

Hope the shots are going well!

Anonymous said...

It's SO good to see you back in the game. I hope the shots are going smoothly!

Dresden said...

i LOVED the pen!
Hope all is going well with it.
When do you go in for a scan??
xo