Anyway, in reviewing everything, the doctor doesn't think the fibroid is in a position to be causing a problem, so no fibroid surgery. In the past, the other fertility doc wanted to go in and take it out. The new doc (gotta come up with a name for him) is a good match for my cautious approach, but I hope I don't regret it. I had sort of geared myself up to believe that surgery was in my future, and was sort of surprised, but I buy his explanation for why it isn't necessary for me, given the location (outside the uterus) of the fibroid.
He wants to do two or three (I say two) cycles of injectables before going to IVF. My next cycle should start the last week in February, so we'll be off to the races relatively soon-ish. He said that 40% of women have success with C.lomid, another 40% with injectables, and 20% need to move to IVF. I hadn't heard that breakdown before. Here's hoping that I'm in the second 40%. I am excited to be stepping it up, but definitely not swept away with hope. I liked the doctor, but didn't love him. I feel eerily calm, actually, and kind of flat. But good, I think. Not bad, at least. The doctor did suggest that we switch donors, since I've had six failures with the same donor. I sort of knew that was coming. I don't want to, we still really heart our first donor, but I can let it go. Whatever it takes. Gonna get knocked up.

9 comments:
Go 2nd 40%!!! That was me, with a new donor I should add. I think this sounds like a great plan. As I am a fellow Type A i am sure that is part of what is making you feel calm right now. You are GONNA get knocked up! xo L
Can I be in that second round of 40% with you? I have never heard that before either, so here's hoping! I would change donors too...you never know!
it's always awesome to start fresh with a new plan of action! somehow, it helps to bring about a new sense of hope when you have an action plan in place!
fingers crossed that the injectables do the trick! the shots are scary at all - if DP can handle them, anyone can! she has a zero pain tolerance! i think it was more scary for me to give her the shots then for her to actually take them!
I agree, you belong in the 2nd 40%, no doubt. I'm glad you don't need surgery - that must be a relief. I'm glad you're feeling calm too. This new chapter is exciting. I can't wait to read about your BFP!
(And not to boast, but I think I coined the pants up phrase.) :)
Can't explain why that flat sort of calm is a good thing, but it is, isn't it?
So glad you've got your next plan! Yes, please be in the second 40%, and bring me along with you on that little statistical ride with you, m'kay?
As to the donor switch, you'll make the right choice, even if it's not switching.
So glad you don't have to have any kind of surgery and can just get on with being in the 2nd 40%! The injections are bothersome the first couple of days, but you get used to them quite quickly.
Changing donors is not an easy decision, but from personal experience it was the best thing we did. We found a donor we never would've considered the first time around and I feel so certain about this one.
A new plan always brings a sort of calm. I'm really happy for you:)
40%?!?!?! Really?!?!?! Maybe I need injectibles!!!!
Hooray for no surgery and a new doc and a new plan. Time to get pregnant.
Sounds great to me!! It's got to feel good to start a new plan!
Just wanted to wish you luck!
We ended up switching donors... it was a tough decision, but we figured it wasn't like we were married to the guy & had to stick with him ;) ...while we really REALLY liked him on paper, in the end, we just wanted a baby and it was one variable we could change. And it worked!!
Whatever you decide... best of luck rocking that second 40%!!!!!
Post a Comment