Monday, February 16, 2009

Getting close

I'm still playing the paperwork game:
  • Global (misnomer, really) referral - check
  • HSG - check
  • Copy of CD3 labs - check
  • Record of all six failed inseminations w/sperm count - check
  • Rubella titre - check
  • Letter from therapist saying that I am not trying to be the next octuplet mom - check
  • Blood typing - test done, waiting on results, seems silly since I know my blood type, but the insurance wants proof
The nurse at the new clinic says that once I have all that stuff, she files for a "diagnostic" which takes about 72 hours to come back from insurance, and then an "outcome" which takes 24 hours. I think I am going to get my period on Sunday or Monday. So I am planning to call her tomorrow and beg to see if she can start applying for the diagnostic without the blood typing. Or if not, I am thinking of pumping myself full of all the leftover progesterone that is in my medicine cabinet. Or asking her to put me on the pill or something. I would sooooo hate to miss the start of this cycle just because I am waiting on a damn lab to tell me something I already know - my blood type. Argh. No zen to be found.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh, the bureaucracy of ttc! so friggin' frustrating! hope all the pieces align and you are able to get started asap!

Jen said...

Ahhh.. I am so sorry the timing may be off. It is always something, isn't it. I myself need a big drink right now and some valium! TTC'ing sucks. Maybe your nurse will be your fairy godmother and work with you!

Sarah said...

I hope you get your results, or a nurse with a heart. I can't believe how maddening this process is. Fingers crossed for an easy time...

mulberry said...

deep breaths! deep breaths! you are gonna make it to the start of this cycle! you ARE...

Inlocoparentis said...

I am in exactly the same boat, my friend. Thinking of you . . . .

tbean said...

beaming you some zen...

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh, the bureaucraZy! I hope the results come through in time. Hang in there. (oops, I just had to delete my last comment bc I was logged in wrong.)