Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Getting ready

I'm getting ready for the weekend. I'm taking a long weekend and going back to the town where we used to live. I have a little work and a lot of fun planned. I leave tomorrow (Thursday) morning and will be gone through Monday morning. The only bummer is that my sweetie isn't/can't come with ....

I'm definitely feeling pre-period. My boobs feel sore and tender just like they do before my period. My temp started to make its downward arc this morning. (I know all hope isn't lost. And in fact, I hadn't slept well and had gotten up to pee only an hour and a half before that temp, so technically it's not an accurate temp. But still.)

So, I'll be traveling with progesterone if I can figure out how to keep it cold in my suitcase. And as a lovely, generous back-up plan, an IVPer who lives in the same town will have some progesterone for me when I get there (haven't met her, don't know her, she's just going out of her way to help, truly amazing).

But I'll also be packing tampons for the trip.

FF says that Friday is my test date. But Earth Mother at the health clinic had said to us that even if a HPT were negative on Friday, I should keep on the progesterone over the weekend and test at the clinic on Monday (assuming that my period hasn't come and answered the question for us).

So, my current plan is no HPTs. Just keep on keeping on until my period, or until a Monday pregnancy test at the clinic. Seem reasonable? I'm hoping that being with old friends and playing in my old town will prove to be enough of a distraction. And if not, I'm hoping that my period breaks on through the progesterone so I can have a big freakin' glass of pinot noir on Saturday night with said friends.

Only bummer is that sweetie won't be there with me, to pick me up off the floor if /when my period comes ....

6 comments:

Shelli said...

typically, your period won't come until about 2-3 days after you stop progesterone...

sorry!
But here's hoping you'll need to take it for 12 more weeks!

Kim aka Mommy said...

Enjoy your trip! I'm still crossing my fingers for the both of us!

j.k-c. said...

Hope you have a great weekend! Sounds like fun!
I've definitely moved from the test-too-early camp to the no-test-necessary camp. I really, really can't stand seeing a negative pregnancy test. I think a blood test at the clinic would be better.
Have fun taking a weekend break.

Anonymous said...

i'm all crossed for you love. we all hear it and it's unimaginable when we're so discouraged, but it really could happen. still. and if not, bring on the next cycle! oxox have a delicious trip.

starrhillgirl said...

I bleed through my progesterone, so I don't stop it until I see blood. But I am taking it by mouth instead of by cootch. I vote for a fabulous trip and no period. (I can't ride with "AF" either.)

Merr said...

Have a great trip and here's to hoping you won't need those tampons!!