Thursday, September 25, 2008

Call me crazy

Wasn't it Einstein who said it? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. Yup. This TWW ended the same way all the others have -- in blood. Deep sigh. I think we'll go ahead with round 6, because we're insane that was the plan, six tries and then re-evaluate. But it feels pointless.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

The 6th time was a charm for me. Sorry the 5th wasn't for you. You know though that I too was convinced that it was doomed after our 5th try. Maybe the feeling of doom is a good sign!

Melody said...

Damn it. I am so sorry.

mulberry said...

so sorry this was not the one...

if putting your heart and soul into trying to create something/someone you truly truly want is crazy, then i guess i am for crazy.

grrrr, blood!

tbean said...

That effing Einstein quote follows me around and haunts me all the freakin time. I must catch myself re-running it a hundred times a day. As someone at the beginning of try 8, I feel exactly the same way. But yet, we all keep going. I don't know why. Because sometimes it works. And the ivp is proof of that.

So sorry for the blood. It is horrible awful terrible. I really, really get it. Hugs.

Pufferfish said...

So sorry Sweetie. I really feel for you right now.
If it makes any difference, #6 was my winner. Maybe it will be yours too (and it will stick!).
Thinking of you.

xoxo

j.k-c. said...

I'm so, so sorry. It is so, so frustrating and difficult to keep going with this process sometimes. We change small things everytime we do this process. We OPK at different times or we have different levels of monitoring or we eat pineapple or egg mcmuffins or drink green tea for CM or rasberry leaf tea for our uterus or we buy fertility goddesses or wear lucky socks or switch donors or change the timing. We don't do it the exact same way everytime, so even though it resmebles insanity, it isn't quite there. :)
And we were going to move up the ladder of intervention after 6 tries and then we decided that 6 was an arbitrary number and we tried again for #7 and that's the one that worked. :) You just never know.

Les Make Babies said...

I'm so sorry. It's not fair - I'm thinking about you guys. I hope you have a nice weekend planned to help you feel better and gear up for the next round.

Anonymous said...

it really does suck, i know. it took us 8 tries before i got pregnant. we did mix things up here and there. the two major differences the time it work were, a new donor and our first try after my HSG.

i really hope #6 works for you!!

giggleblue said...

shit! i'm sorry..

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry too. You aren't crazy. You're lovely!! Hugs.

Jay

Anonymous said...

I am really sorry about the blood. I don't think you are crazy, but this process is so crazy-making. I hope you have a really good weekend and are so nice to yourself. xo L.

Adventures in Babymaking said...

Sorry A.F. had to rain on your parade. My mother-in-law wrote me this morning and told me that she has been praying and she keeps getting the feeling to pray for favor. That God wants us to ask for favor and She wants to give it to us. It will be in her timing, but we should never stop asking. I'm not sure what your faith background is, but even if you pray out to mother earth or your creator, it's worth a shot. I will be doing it too. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Dammit. Your time will come... it's the waiting and the not knowing that hurts the most. Hugs to you today.

Anonymous said...

crap crap crap!!! i'm so sorry. stay positive...this WILL happen...and like plump said, the 6th time could be IT. lots of love to you today. xo

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry. I remember being haunted by a billboard that had a picture of Lincoln that said "Fail, Fail, Fail, Succeed" I felt like it was mocking my failure to get pregnant. TTC is a horrible mindfck all around, and to be in it longer then we want/plan/can afford feels unbearable. I'm sorry that it wasn't this time, but for what its worth I feel very optmistic for you. Take care of you...

evangeline said...

damn.
well, one thing is, it happens for so many people on that last try...
been wodering where you've been!

sending you lots of hugs!
xo

Anonymous said...

Ugh - I'm sorry this one ended the same, old, crappy way. But you're not crazy, you can get a different result out of this. We've got lots of proof in the blogosphere!

jessie said...

Damn. I'm so sorry.

Carrie said...

ugh. so sorry my dear. and i say go for try #6. my RE says the average number of tries is 8, with many women requiring 12 months. it sucks, but it least it gives us a little hope to cling to.

Jen said...

damnit. all. to. hell.
So sorry to hear of your BFN. Maybe 6th time's the charm? I feel like we are all members of the "little engine that could" and just need to keep thinking, I think I can, I think I can...