Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Eff you, Clearblue

Up at 4am on 14dpi, definitely first morning urine. BFN. Haven't bled yet, which is odd, since I usually bleed through the progesterone on 13dpi. I actually went out and bought HPTs last night since my period hadn't started yet. (Turns out they're much cheaper than OPKs!) But this morning is 14dpi and it is a BFN. I think I like the old way -- bleeding before testing -- better. Testing sucks.

Last month was the first round of injectables, a new doctor, a new donor, etc. We changed up so much that there seemed to be reason to hope. Last month there were many, many tears. This month is more about resignation than tears. I'm back to my cynical place, not believing that IUIs will work for me. I'll put a call in to the nurse today. Not sure what they're going to have me do. The one and only time I met with the doc, he said we'd do "two or three" cycles of injectables before applying to the insurance company for IVF approval.  So, two down. Damn.

19 comments:

mulberry said...

i'm sooo sorry. bleeding before testing IS better, still very sucky, but better. when do you go in for blood work at the doc? i know that is hard to do when you are sure it is no... but there are the rare occasions when it is really just to early to tell on the hpt. please don't kill me for saying that... i know when you have accepted it is no, it feels insane and infuriating to have to wait for the call, but i felt like i needed to say it :(

Dresden said...

damn damn damn
so so sorry, sweetie

tbean said...

testing sucks. I'm so sorry Lizzie. Fucking blows. :( I hope the blood starts soon so you can officially move on.

Anonymous said...

I wish it weren't so. Wishing you some joy, even when you're in the cynical place. Know that you've got a huge cheering section.

Anonymous said...

fuck. im sorry.

Eva said...

Yes, I've learned the hard way that bleeding bests testing any day of the week. I'm sorry

N said...

Crap. just crap. *hugs*

Inlocoparentis said...

Shit. That sucks, I am sorry. If you are ready to move on, I would demand another in-person with the doc. My clinic is so efficient that they just shuttle you through on auto-pilot and I have found myself having to be, uh, forceful with my requests. The way I look at is that we're paying enough, we might as well be honest about what we want. Much love.

Jen said...

I am so very sorry. Do you have a beta prescheduled? I will still hold out hope for you, as the cycle is not over until the bleeding starts! But, it hurts none-the-less.

Melody said...

Damn. I'm sorry to hear this. :(

Anonymous said...

Damn! I'm so sorry - that isn't the post I was hoping to see from you this morning. Clearblue is a jerk...only slightly less of an asshole than her smug cousin, 1st response.

Melissa said...

Seriously, this is getting to be too f'ed up for words. But I hear ya on being cynical. Sometimes I think I would rather be more on the cynical side, then get my heart broken and have my face stained with tears because I got to hopeful. I'm so sorry it wasn't the answer we were all hoping for you this cycle.

cindyhoo2 said...

damn, damn, damn! I am sorry that this one is not THE one. I do like you attitude about injectables though.

Merr said...

Damn is damn right!!! I think IFV will be the route to go.

Sarah said...

I'm really sorry to hear this.
Hugs.

Next in Line said...

So sorry about the dam clear blue. Those sticks are a nasty bunch. I was hoping you would get a nice one that was generous enough to come up with two lines. All my best to you.

tireegal68 said...

oh that is so sucky! Yuck! I am so sorry. Do you have to wait two more cycles to get out the big guns or is that just the doctor's suggestion? I hope things get better and that the adoption side of things is going well. take care:)

Anonymous said...

so sorry too. that suckkkkkks : (

j.k-c. said...

testing totally sucks.
I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))