Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cycle cancelled

The little ones on the right didn't grow enough. I'm ok, actually. Have got some perspective all of a sudden. In addition to learning that my cycle was canceled, I also learned yesterday that a friend of mine is really, really sick, had a health emergency, needs surgery, might have permanent damage. I'm feeling lucky to be alive, and I believe that there will be other cycles, and even if everything is delayed by a few months, sometime will work at some point. Think I'm going to meet with the doc before going into another cycle. Maybe he'll move me ahead to IVF even without the 3rd failed injectables cycle. Maybe he won't. We'll see. I also think I'm going to make the work trip next month anyway, even if it makes me miss a cycle. I'm not sure if this is because I'm giving up on my body ever working, or if it's because I'm feeling zen and so positive about the adoption process. The good thing about adoption is that they can't cancel a cycle. And the paperwork goes forward even if you are out of town when you're scheduled to ovulate. What a wild ride. Feeling grateful for my health today, even if my right ovary blew me off this month. Please say a prayer for my friend who is not out of the woods yet.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are in a good place with the cancelled cycle. Good luck as the adoption process continues on.

Adventures in Babymaking said...

Praying for your friend Izzy. Please keep us updated. Honored to know you and learn as you learn. It will happen.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your friend, Lizzie. I know the kind of perspective something like that can bring. I'm glad canceling the cycle feels ok for whatever reason. I'm thinking of your and your friend. xo

Melissa said...

I'll be thinking of your friend and hope everything works out okay. Also, good for you for taking a stand and not letting TTC run your life or your emotions this cycle!!

mulberry said...

i will be sending extra love for your friend... and for you sweet friend.

tireegal68 said...

I hope your friend comes through this all right. Sending poz vibes her way.
You sound relaxed about the cancelled cycle. I agree with you about adoption having a whole different timetable - and stuff can happen while you are on vacation - it's amazing! Good luck with the next steps:)

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude:) I'm going to spend a lot of time over here, maybe it will rub off on me.

It sounds so scary...I hope your friend is okay.

Eva said...

It does seem as if you have a zen thing going on. Bottle it! That's priceless. I'll say a prayer for your friend. xo

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that your cycle was cancelled and I will be thinking of your friend and sending healing thoughts. xoxoxo L

tbean said...

Thinking of you and your friend. Much love your way. xoxo

cindyhoo2 said...

So sorry about the cancellation but it sounds like you are in a good place emotionally. You are right that this cycle is not the be all end all of your baby-getting efforts.

many prayers for your friend.

Sarah said...

Praying for your friend and hoping the doctor and insurance will let this cycle count...

Carrie said...

i feel the same enthusiasm about adoption lately, too. :) yay for us!
on a more serious note, i am truly sorry about your friend's health, and will certainly toss up a prayer today.

Anonymous said...

sending love to you and luck to your friend. hoping everything works out xxxx

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

thinking of you and your friend and hoping everything turns out okay. your resilience and attitude are truly inspiring.

Pufferfish said...

I'm sorry to hear your about your cycle being cancelled, but you do seem to be taking it quite well. It's never easy though.
I'll be thinking of you and your friend. That's so rough.

Merr said...

Damn!! I wish that doctor would just move ahead to IFV. Push for it and let us know!

evangeline said...

Still praying for your friend. Thinking of you lately, hope all is ok.