Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Shitty Scan

CD7 scan showed that I've got 2 nice ones on the left/blocked side, 10 and 11mm. I've got three on the right/open side, but they're all really small, 4 and 5mm. This was bound to happen, I guess. I've been pretty lucky, in general, with getting growth on my right side on the months when I've been doing a cycle. But I'm really hoping they can tweak the meds so that the ones on the right catch up. I really don't want a canceled cycle. I really want a  9th IUI cycle, which I will assume is going to fail, so that we can move on to IVF land. Or at least move on to applying for IVF coverage (no guarantees). I came home in tears from this appointment. (Didn't cry at my last BFN, so I'm guessing this is a delayed reaction.) Why can't this be easier .... I really, really don't want a canceled cycle. I'm traveling next month, so probably can't do an insem, which puts us into what, July, for a failed 9th cycle, which puts us into fall for IVF? Which puts me into age 38. (It's so easy for me to go from one frustrating scan to doom in under 30 seconds.)

Anyway? Advice, please??? What should I be asking/expecting/hoping from the nurse's call this this afternoon? This is CD7, I've done 4 nights at 150 units of F.ollistim. How can we get the right side to grow? Any rule of thumb on this? Increase dose to blast the right side and make them grow? Reduce dose to give the right side time to catch up? I really don't have a clue here. So hoping this isn't a lost cause. We should be able to manipulate the drugs to get viable follicles on both sides, right??? Please?

(In other news, second meeting with the adoption counselor went well, we got certified in CPR last night, things progress on that front. JUST.NOT.FAST.ENOUGH. I just want to be a mom NOW.)

8 comments:

mulberry said...

grrr... i hope the nurse has ideas on how to catch those right side follicles up. i am so sorry that you have this ADDITIONAL layer of challenge to deal with (the one side blocked) in an already aggravating and infuriating process. slow burn, lower dose might indeed be the thing. sending you love and right follicle plumping vibes.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping good things for those leeeetle guys. Somebody recently was discussing how if you do all the injections on the desired side, that helps. I assume it's a rather pineapplian theory, but worth trying.

I wish you good things this time and a speedy path to IVF (if needed... which it won't be what with this one working after all!).

N said...

I know that you don't have the same problems I do, but my follicles were all under 10 until I'd been taking the drugs much longer, and then, as per my post today - they expected only the ones on the left to grow, but the one on the right outgrew the others by far. I hope that you can manage to get them to catch up. If not, maybe get some ICI sperm for cheaper and do an at-home?

I'm sorry. This is crappy.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you had such a frustrating scan. I really hope you can do an IUI this cycle so you can move on. It's not fair that you're still jumping through these hoops.

cindyhoo2 said...

Boy, I wish I knew some helpful thing to tell you to do. I am hoping that the follies either grow or the doc lets you insem this month anyway. IVF is going to work for you so let's get there already... easy for me to say right? (now that I am unlikely to ever have another egg retrieval ever gain.)

Sending growing signals to the universe and especially your follicles.

Anonymous said...

d*mn, im sorry this is so frustrating right now. i dont have any advice on getting those smaller follies to catch up, but i SO hope your nurse has a plan and you are able to IUI this month. i'll join cindyhoo in sending growing vibes to your right ovary! grow. grow. grow.

Anonymous said...

I have no ideas about what you should do, I do hope the nurse has a fabulous plan.
I just wanted to say that I am sorry this scan did not show what you were hoping for.

Adventures in Babymaking said...

Can they not insem anyway? Our OB said just because you have a blocked side doesn't mean the egg won't travel around to the other side. Saying a prayer for you. Hugs.