Self: Take two Advil.
Me: No way. If I'm pregnant, I'd kill myself. Or at least spend 9 months worrying about what I'd done.
Self: Most women wouldn't have a clue they were a couple days past fertilization and would pop the Advil, unknowing. And their kids would be fine.
Me: Ahhhhh. My head hurts.
Self: Take the damn Advil.
Me: I can't. I just can't do it.
Self: This is absurd. If you adopt, you may well have an alcohol- or drug-exposed infant on your hands. Surely you can handle an Advil-exposed infant.
Me: My head is killing me.
Self: You are so stubborn. You deserve to suffer.
I got out of bed at 5am and went to buy the Tylenol.

13 comments:
LOL. I have those sorts of conversations with myself too. On the one hand, I have self-talk about how I am over-reacting but on the other hand, I would just never forgive myself if I did something wrong. Hope the store was close by! :)
as if the headache wasn't bad enough!!!
I was willing you to buy the Tylenol! good job mama!
Although to tell you the truth apparently I would be one of those drug exposing mothers to be because I don't know the 411 on what drugs to take when you might be pregnant - I better do some homework!
Hope you feel better soon!
Ha! I love it. I've so had these type of conversations.
Bummer the headache woke you up. I often go to sleep with one, but never wake up with one.
Hope the Tylenol worked and it wasn't all in vain.
This sounds like something I would completely say, word for word. Good job on holding out and sticking to your guns.
i had one of those nights after my third iui, after hours of writhing in pain, i gave in and took the advil (and regretted it). good for you for making it though to a 5am tylenol run! hope you are feeling better!
Awe, I'm so sorry. I have those conversations with myself, too. I think you made the right decision as Aleve, asprin and Advil change your blood chemistry and can interfere with implantation.
Way to stay tough. My conversations with myself usually start with "Go ahead, eat some of the leftover Easter candy your co-worker left in the break room." And I frequently give in.
Here's hoping that your inner struggle will become a funny anecdote to the beginning of a successful pregnancy. Wishing you the best!
Oh man! You know we finally had to let go of trying to avoid stuff during the TWW. It was just too stressful! You're right, most women do not even know they are pregnant for weeks and do stuff they shouldn't. Sum had alcohol, got electrocuted, painted and went on amusement rides all during the TWW! Just something to think about!!
I love this conversation you had with yourself... you sound like me at times. xoxo L
I know this conversation! Except I'm usually playing the role of "self" to Fern's, "me."
OMG, too funny. You and my wife would make a good pair!! She's so bad she was off caffeine almost 2 years before we even started trying to get pregnant. Oy vey!
Post a Comment