Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Still No Smiley

CD17. I'm confused. Don't know why I haven't gotten a +OPK yet. I guess there are lots of reasons why my surge might be late this month. Some things are different (I used progesterone during luteal phase of my last cycle, started more aggressive acupuncture treatments, had a Maya Massage). But my temp seemed like it was creeping upward on CD15 and CD16. I started to think I'd actually missed my surge, or it had been light and not detected by the digital tests, and I'd already ovluated. My temp was down today, but I took it at 4:30am (instead of the normal 6am), after restless sleep. So basically it doesn't count. Maybe after 7 months of charting regular cycles, I'm just due for a wacko one. Who knows. So, I wait. And all that lovely sperm flown in from California waits, too.

5 comments:

N said...

Fingers crossed for you, too.

I know that a lot of people have had problems with fertility monitors, but I love mine for exactly this reason. And I never worry that I miss the O, because if you O early, you start peeing on things just after you finish bleeding. I don't have to start until later, but then some months (like this one >.<) I get to pee on sticks for 20 days. argh.

j.k-c. said...

Oh, I feel for you...I HATE the timing issue and feeling so responsible to catch that elusive surge. It is very normal for women to have one annovulatory cycle each year. So maybe that's what's happening??? Or maybe your body is just reminding you that you you can't control it.
Anyway, (((hugs))).
Note on the monitor....I always get a peak, but this month I had a short surge, caught it on the OPK and it never showed up on the monitor, so it's not always worth all those sticks.

Anonymous said...

Hun, I have been there with you many months in a row. It's terrible, but just keep watching your signals and trying your patience. Sorry that really sounds like assvice. I hope it comes soon! oxox

Anonymous said...

gawd - that sucks. why do our perfect cycles do this to us?

Fingers crossed that your smiley face appears really soon.

LKC said...

Just found your blog - I think I linked through Our Baby Blue. Looking forward to following your journey.

I completely understand the timing issue. Since October, I've been able to predict my cycle and related ovulation within a day. Since the miscarriage the beginning of February, everything has been all out of whack and I have no idea what is going on with my body. So frustrating...