Monday, March 24, 2008

What's On Your Nightstand?

Hugs and kisses to Mrs. B. who tagged me! This is a fun one! I actually really love my nightstand. I pile up tons and tons of stuff, and it has several shelves. My sweetie calls it my "control center." Gotta have everything you need within reach. Right?

So, here's the game:

What’s On Your Nightstand?

Rules, rules, rules: post what you’ve got on the table (chair, nightstand, whatever) beside your bed. Leave nothing out. Nothing. Heh. Link back to the kind person who tagged you and then tag 3 other folks. Really tag them - none of this “whoever hasn’t done this meme yet” tagging.

1. Basal body thermometer (obviously).
2. Pink razor phone (seriously, Mrs. B., me too) with the alarm set to 6am for my temperature taking.
3. Old 1980's style "clock radio" alarm clock called the Dream Machine that I keep around only because the numbers on the clock are so big and light up bright red, because I am totally blind in the night without my glasses/contacts.
4. Lovely little reading lamp that I inherited from my grandmother.
5. Last night's glass of water.
6. Several abandoned rubber bands and hair ties and even one (gasp!) scrunchie.
7. Hand cream (for dry skin).
8. Eye drops (for dry eyes).
9. Baby oil gel (for dry, cracked heels). Gosh, I hate winter.
10. Heating pad.
11. A pen and little notepad (for writing down late night inspirations).
12. Two partially read old issues of O.prah magazine.
13. A list of upcoming cooking classes at the nearby gourmet kitchen store, several possibilities circled. No decision made yet.
14. CD insert from k.d. L.ang's new album. (Don't know where the actual CD is, though.)
15. Thirteen books in various stages of reading, re-reading, or thinking about reading. Can't list them all ... but these are close to the top of the pile: B.uying Dad, She's N.ot T.here, and P.eople of the B.ook.
16. And .... last .... but certainly not least. This gem of a toy. Plugged in and always at the ready.

I'm tagging J, In Loco, and Baby Steps. Apologies in advance if this is double tagging for some of you. I'm not caught up on my post-Easter blog reading yet and don't know who has already played the game.

1 comment:

Merr said...

Man your side table must be huge, with all that stuff!! I especially love the toy massager. Gotta have one plugged in and ready to go, always!