I always pee in a cup and then submerge the pee stick in the cup. I just can't do the whole "holding it in the stream" thing. I worry that I won't pee long enough or soak the stick enough. Or what if the stick is defective and I need to do another, but I'm out of pee? Just saying.
I started POAS (which, in my case, is really PIAC) again this morning. It's CD11. I'm a little early, to be honest, because the earliest it'll happen is probably CD15. But I'm overcompensating for my lack of temp taking lately. I stopped last month with that whole anovulatory situation. I stopped temping, I stopped waking up at the same time, I actually even stopped my prenatals for a few days, too. (I'd been on them for seven months!) It all felt great. Then CD1 came. And I told myself I wouldn't need to temp during my period. Then I got a cold. Then I went away for the weekend. And my nice long no-temping time stretched on and on and I loved it ....
But here we go again!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
oof! don't take prenatals until you know you need them! take folic acid, which will prevent brain/spinal cord problems early on. take fish oil if you want (supposed to promote fertility and make smart baby brains). but no need to torture yourself with all the other side effect inducing crap until it's necessary! the folic acid alone is so much easier to tolerate.
good luck with all the other stuff!
I'm with you on the cup thing. I converted after a rather embarrassing incident involving what I thought was a defective pee stick. With an eye to maybe getting some freebies (those things add up, you know) I returned it to the manufacturer, only to receive the damned thing back in the post a week later, with a letter saying it wasn't defective, but that it had been damaged during use due to "over-wetting"!
vee xxxvxzma
I have POAS issues too. I make a bit of a mess with the test sticks for my CBEFM haha.
I plan to start OPKing this cycle so maybe I'll try the PIAC route. Hmmmm
I only take half my prenatals when I'm not in the wait. I need the vitamins, goodness knows, and I know that I can take the ones I buy (allergies to others).
I was saying to J last night that I really need to buy some dixie cups or something, because I'm just SO BAD at peeing on sticks. The stick's always fine, but ... I'll just leave that comment there. XD
I'm on CD11 too! :)
I have to pee in a cup as well. It is just easier, I think. Anyway good luck this round!!!
I always used the cup method too. It's good for back up among other things.
I'm a PIAC cup gal too and I've been taking prenates since March of last year!
Right with everyone else. I PIA(dixie)C starting on CD11, even though my average ovulation is CD19. Thank god for internet cheapie OPKs!
And just to be a PITA, I am big on vitamins and take all 6 of my prenatals through out each day. I think that your body needs that nutrition now just as much as your pregnancy. A few days off isn't a bad thing - but I wouldn't forego them completely.
xo
Post a Comment