Friday, June 27, 2008

HSG drama update

The Chief of Radiology from the hospital just called me. He apologized for the confusion with the HSG, admitted that the films should have been marked "R" and "L" so that there would've been no doubt. He does not want me to have to repeat the HSG, however, because of unnecessary radiation. (Not to mention the balloon catheter, thank you very much!) He'd prefer for me to do a ultrasound. Promised me a super-dooper 3D state of the art ultrasound with the Chief of Ultrasound present. Said they should be able to tell which tube is dilated from that procedure. Either way, I just want to know which side it is. But I am thrilled that they are calling me, and following up proactively, and demonstrating that SOMEONE is thinking about my care.

As for this cycle, not a lot of hope in these parts. But that should make the 2WW less stressful (remind me of this in abt. 10 days). And I'm on the oral P.rometrium this time, not the hormone hollandaise (so aptly dubbed by Mrs. Bluemont). That's a nice change so far. And I've got good distractions scheduled.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they're finally making moves to put this right for you.

N said...

I'm glad people appear to be pulling heads out of asses.

Eva said...

It's good that things seem to be turning annoying but the entire episode seems extremely annoying. Enjoy Pride!

Anonymous said...

That's more like it!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you don't have do the HSG again. I am happy to hear someone is treating you like a human being.
I hear of that oral p.rometrium - sounds delightful. I hope your distractions are real good, and you find a BFP at the end of them.

Sarah said...

That is good news (though they owed you big time!)

Happy Pride and Distractions!

Pufferfish said...

Thank God you don't have to go through the test again and that they are doing you right.
Hope Pride was Fun!

j.k-c. said...

If the chiefs of the departments are calling you they much know they really messed up...glad they are caring.