Estradiol - 36.8
LH - 5.3
FSH - 7.0
The nurse said these are all "normal." Actually first she said, "all your tests are normal" and wanted to get off the phone. And I said, "pretty please give me the numbers?" And she did. And I will talk to the doc about them on Monday, I guess. The nurse wasn't so chatty. So now I'm off to consult Dr. G.oogle to see how normal is normal. Any insight from you guys, the real experts???? (And the thyroid tests won't come back 'til next week.)

5 comments:
Hey there, I can't recall my numbers other than the FSH, b/c that's what they were most concerned about, but yours is good for sure.
About the insurance, did they say why they are refusing to pay? I would push back and keep pushing. My friend says that if you speak with an English accent the take you more seriously. Whatever works.
They look great to me. I forget what the ratio of FSH to LH they're looking for to rule out PCOS, but I know they told me they wanted FSH under 9/10 and Estrogen under 50.
Check out this site for the ranges of each hormone that are considered "normal" - http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html
All looks good to me!
If you need to borrow my British accent, just ask ;-)
Here's a link to my labs and interpretation: http://ourbabyblue.wordpress.com/2008/04/21/pathology-report/
I think it's safe to say you don't have pcos! Numbers look great to me.
The lh/fsh numbers are supposed to be 1:1, but I'm not sure how much of a variable is still considered close enough. Both numbers are in the right range though, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Disclaimer: I wear no white coat.
Post a Comment