I just took a shower. Hadn't done that since Saturday. Gross, I know. I work from home and don't subject anyone (other than my sweetie) to my stinky self, but still. Come on. Get it together, girl. I think this is the "I moved recently, don't have a lot of friends in my new town, and work from home so I feel sort of isolated" blues. Not the "TTC or in the TWW" blues. But it's the blues nonetheless.
Even sadder than not showering since Saturday is the reason that I finally showered today. I only got my act together because I've got a M.aya M.assage appointment this afternoon. Reminds me of the one time I went to the scary F.ertility Clinic in the scary suburbs. Waxed my legs for that. Hah.
My poor sweetie. What must she think when I only take care of personal grooming when I have to see health care providers? We actually had a conversation that went like this, before she left the house this morning:
Sweetie (in a gentle, non-judgemental voice): Why don't you take a shower this morning, before you even get on email or check your blogs? That way the day won't get away from you?
Me (grunting and firing up the computer): Uh-huh.
Sweetie: Remember how, when I came home last night, you were all disgusted with yourself for still being in your pajamas? Maybe you'll feel better about yourself today if you start off with a shower?
Me (slurping decaf coffee and staring at B.loglines): Uh-huh.
Sigh. Totally embarrassing. Must get it together. But at least I am now showered and off to my delicious M.aya appointment ....
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I totally get this! The only time I shave is right before acupuncture. And if I know I'm going to the hospital, I'll put on my prettiest panties - no matter the emergency! Our poor partners.
Glad you had the Maya treat. I'm so jealous.
I read your post and all I got was jealousy! I think there is nothing better than the freedom to be able to NOT shower and NOT get dressed.
And I'm all for wallowing as long as it's needed. You'll be showered and dressed when you need to be. Don't stress about it!
I know exactly where you are coming from. I work from home too and there are some days where I literally roll out of bed, work, and roll back into bed without changing my clothes 1 all day. Hope your massage helped.
HAHA.
I would do the same thing if I worked at home.
Post a Comment