Sunday, March 22, 2009
Consolation Pancakes
My sweetie took me out for brunch this morning and I tried to cover the latest disappointment in syrup. Today is CD1. So much for new doc, new drugs, new donor. I think we might take this next cycle off. I've got some out-of-town work travel, and it'll be a bit difficult to manage that, and shoot up every night, and time the insem. Plus, skipping a month would also give us the mental space to work on the next stage of our adoption application. Which, so far, the way we're experiencing it, is a MUCH MORE FUN process than spermination. I'll talk to the doctor tomorrow and we'll re-group. Today, I'm sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

19 comments:
I'm so sorry Lizzie. I wish there was more I could do or say besides "Sorry" and "I know how it feels." But I am and I do. Hugs and love from here my friend.
Lizzie, I am so sorry you are sad...I'm with tbean, really nothing we say can equal the weight of the CD1. Hugs are coming from my way as well.
Crap. I'm so sorry.
Every CD1 sucks. Disappointment + hormones = a very bad day. I think a month off may be just what you need to recharge your battery/
Oh sweet girl. Sorry about the whole CD1 issue.
So so thrilled that adoption feels so right at this point. As you pursue both paths, both of which I hope succeed, I'm glad that one path is smooth for you now.
Hi - I just found your blog through an offering of love.
I have been dealing with infertility and we ( me and the DP) are also moving toward adoption. We live in Chicago - I noticed you are from the Midwest too. I am looking forward to reading about your TTC/ adoption journey.
I have been quiet on my blog for a while but I expect to start posting once we get moving on the adoption stuff.
Oh Lizzie. I'm so very sorry. I know there is nothing that I can say to make you feel any better or ease the pain but just know we are here for you.
It is frustrating, like you said. And disappointing, and hearbreaking, and and and.
Lots of love to you guys!
fuck!
I am so so sorry, sweetie.
beaming love your way.
xo
I'm so sorry. Every CD1 can feel so defeating. I'm glad that you get the fun part of the adoption process to add some lightness. However this baby decides to come, it is going to be a really beautiful day when you two get your celebration pancakes.
i love the pp's image of upcoming celebration pancakes :D
i am very sorry you had to face another cd1, each one is so devastating. sending you big love.
{{{hugs}}} I'm so sorry.
I'm so sorry. I was thinking about you this weekend and hoping this was your time. Hugs to you.
If there is gonna be a cycle day one it should be started with pancakes. Extra syrupy, sticky hugs for you this falls into place soon.
Oh Lizzie I am so sorry! I know sorry doesn't really help, and you probably get sick of hearing it, but I truly am sorry. I want this for you guys so bad.
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. The CD1s of this world can go to hell. I'm glad you got some pancakes and time with your sweetie.
I'm sad too. I so wish this had been the one for you.
I am so sorry about the BFN. I am glad you've started the adoption process. No matter how you become a mother, you're going to be a good one. and that kid will be so damn lucky to have you as a parent. keep us posted on everything, and we're thinking about you
So sorry, Lizzy.
Post a Comment