Saturday, April 12, 2008

Headaches & nausea ...

... are side effects of the kind of progesterone I'm taking. Because I'm traveling this weekend, I couldn't use the refrigerated progesterone bullets (how to keep them cold in transit?), so they prescribed C.rinone gel instead. Anyone have experience with this shit? It is messing with me BIG TIME. Lots of pseudo-symptoms. But listed right inside the package insert, under side effects reported more than 5% of the time? Headache. Nausea. Can't wait to get home and get back on my regular cold progesterone bullets. They don't make me feel sick to my stomach and hopefully, foolishly, aspirationally, delusionally pregnant.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Why don't they want to prescribe the nice, normal pr0metrium like I (and everyone I know) took?

Sorry this sucks - hope this is different not because of the cr1n0ne but because... well, you know! :)yfztbdo

Carrie said...

Just found your blog, and I'm adding it to my blogroll. I found out I have a luteal phase defect, so will be prescribed some kind of pro*gesterone. Do you have the pill type, or suppository? We hopefully do our first IUI this week, and I think my RE said she'll give me the suppository one. (suppository? good tiiiimes) ;-)

Anonymous said...

Awh man. I'm sorry it's so crappy!! Don't know much about that stuff, but hoping for the best for you! xo

Lizzie said...

Jen - I have no idea what their problem with pr0metrium is. Maybe a bias for natural vs. synthetic hormone? I don't know..... Sigh.

Carrie - I usually use these suppositories that are a compounded progesterone, have to be kept refridgerated. When I was traveling, I was using a gel form that doesn't have to be kept cold, but is also a suppository. Most people in the world take pr0metrium, which, as i understand it, can be taken orally OR used as a suppository depending on dr. preference (the same pill, either way) - i think.

Merr said...

Maybe, just maybe you are not dilusional!!!