My right fallopian tube is open! Normal spillage on the right side! Yay! This was the good/best outcome we were hoping for with today's HSG. The left is blocked, dilated, not allowing the dye to move through it. This is as we expected, based on the HSN and ultrasound in January (with the scary fertility clinic in the suburbs and that bad experience), and also based on my intuition, the fact that I have pain on my left side at different points throughout the month, that it's always more tender over there. And also based on my acupuncturist and M.aya massage lady who both tell me that my left side is pretty f*cked up in general. Soooo .... we were NOT surprised to have confirmation that the left is blocked. We were SO HOPING that the right was open. And it is. Deep relief setting in.
This means that I will graduate myself from the lovely feminist clinic with its lack of ultrasounds and go find an RE who will wand frequently and with impunity and only shoot the sperm up there when I'm growing eggs on the right/correct side. I was deeply afraid that they'd both be blocked and we'd be graduated to IVF or adoption before we'd even really gotten out of the gate. But that's not the case. So we're off to celebrate tonight!!
P.S. I fall into the "HSG not so bad" camp. It only felt like very severe period cramps, but not for very long. Of course, I was on V.alium. So what do I know?
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I am so happy you're joining me in the "HSG not so bad" camp! We have campfire sing-a-longs evry night and organic s'mores.
I'm so glad that it was a good(ish) result.
Not to mention that it didn't hurt too badly. :)
I'm glad to hear you got the good news about the right and it didn't hurt too badly. Also, how validating that you were right about the left!! Sounds like moving to the RE was the way to go-- Good luck at the new place!
so happy for you! this is great news to end the week with. :)
Congratulations!
Can I just confess that I really <3 Valium? Love it. You're a smarty getting some before the test. Glad it wasn't so bad pain wise and ecstatic that you've got a rockin tube!
So glad that your right tube is wide open!!! And so glad that the HSG wasn't painful, even with a blocked tube. I'm relieved for you!
Glad to hear at least one side is open for business!
YAY! That's great news!
Yay for "HSG not-so-bad!" Sounds like pretty good news!!! Good luck with the RE girl !!! xo
Glad right is open and clear. See my latest post for my RE's take on the blocked tube issue.
xoxo
"not so bad" is good... and one tube is better than none!
Post a Comment