Inner os encore performance on Friday morning. Different health worker, same problem. Sad, sad, sad. And angry, too. I miss my perfect February health worker. I am irritated (whether I have a right to be or not) with the two different women who couldn't find the entrance to my uterus this month. Unclear what they hell the problem was. Unsatisfied with their attitudes about it (totally nonchalant, like this is just something that happens sometimes, instead of a very expensive mistake that they should apologize for, an ICI masquerading as an IUI, a dream-crushing moment). Sigh.
In good news, however, based on my temping, FF says that I actually ovulated on Thursday (CD14, the same day as the +OPK). Not sure if I 100% believe that, but I am pleased we did 2 insems, the one on Thursday night and on Friday morning. If we'd held back a vial for next month, we would have chosen only to insem on Friday morning this cycle, maybe too late. So, even though my sperm only got dropped off at the entrance to my uterus, maybe I at least covered the timing?
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
UGH! How frustrating! I share your outrage. But, the timing was great and crazier things have happened. Holding out hope that it is always the least likely of tries that ends up being the magic success!
Arrgh, wordpress has had an overhaul since I last used it (slack blogger) and my comment got swallowed (I think).
I'll check back later to see if it appears, and re-type if not. Sorry.
vee xxx
Humph, well, as that one appeared straight away, I'll take it that the missing one won't.
What I said was that it's utterly unsatisfactory that they're not managing to get passed your os, and not able to tell you why.
I know you probably know this already, but your bladder is always brim full before the procedure, right?
Also, on my difficult occasions, I've been asked to ball up my fists and put them under my bum - it worked both times.
It's still totally possible to get pregnant with what happened though, and your timing sounds great, so don't despair!
vee xxx
Wait - no seriously - my bladder is supposed to be FULL ? Was never told that. Always have EMPTIED it of my own accord just before IUI so as not to be uncomfortable or accidentally squirt the person doing the IUI? Are you kidding me?
Great job w/ the timing! It's so hard!!
Sounds like your timing was perfect. Surely one little swimmer can find his way through the inner os and on to the promised land. I'll keep checking back for updates. :) Fingers crossed.
Hun, I'm pissed for you. You put on your listen-here voice and march back into that clinic to give them an ear full. It is totally not ok to fuck up TWO iui's back to back. It is totally not ok for them not to inform you about the full bladder. It is totally not ok for them to be charging you with a non-chalant attitude about their complete lack of skill and social decorum.
I'm sorry. Still hoping though. You never know.
xoox
I've never heard anything about a full bladder before an IUI either. When I had my first one last month, the nurse actually told me to use the restroom right before I went into the exam room. I know it is super important in IVF embryo transfers, but, never knew that for IUIs. Probably one of the many many many things about which there is conflicting opinions.
Post a Comment